Prospective Freshmen Application Process
Bishop Verot Catholic High School is now acccepting applications for the 2023-2024 school year.
To begin the process, please complete the online application for the 2023 - 2024 school year. There is a non-refundable $75 application fee collected at the end of the application process.
- Please click here for the online application.
- Please save your login information to submit additional information later.
*For parents who already have a student attending Verot for this school year - please click here for special instructions on applying with your existing account.
Register for the Placement Exam by selecting your preferred date on the application ~ Saturday, November 5th or Saturday, November 12th from 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- This is a national high school exam written by Scholastic Testing Services. The exam covers five areas: verbal, language, reading, math skills and quantitative math (math aptitude).
- Test scores help to evaluate incoming freshmen and will be used to determine placement in college prep, honors, and AP classes.
- Test scores will also be used to determine eligibility for the DeSales Scholarship (only students taking the test on the two November dates are eligible for this scholarship).
- There is no testing fee.
- If applying after the November Placement Exam dates, there will be monthly testing dates offered as needed.
Additional Documentation Required:
- Unofficial copy of your child’s grade reports from sixth, seventh, and eighth grade (through the most recent quarter grades).
- Records should include the following:
- Courses taken with completed grades given/credits earned*
- Standardized testing (FCATs, ITBS, Stanford Achievement)
- Documentation of any learning challenges/disabilities, including psycho-educational testing and/or IEP or 504 plans, if applicable
- Copy of the State of Florida Immunization and Physical forms* (Form 680 and the State of Florida School Entry Physical Form)
- Statement of Discipline from middle school administrator
Students currently enrolled in our partner middle schools do not need to submit additional documentation as records will be sent directly from the middle school: St. Andrew, St. Francis Xavier, St. Michael, Fort Myers Christian, Royal Palm Academy, and St. Charles Borromeo.
*We understand eighth grade records may be incomplete. A copy of the most recent eighth grade report card available will be sufficient. This information is necessary before an admissions decision can be made, and would be helpful if received prior to the date your child is tested.
Please submit all required documentation within the online application or directly to the Admissions Office. Admission decisions cannot be made until all required documents have been received.
Submission by mail: Bishop Verot Catholic High School
Office of Admissions
5598 Sunrise Drive
Fort Myers, FL 33919
Attention: Freshman Admissions
Submission by email: email@example.com
Submission by fax: (239) 274-6798
Notification of Application Status – Enrollment Procedures
- Families will be notified in January of acceptance, waitlist, or declined status
- Registration and class selection will take place in late February
Criteria for Acceptance
- Academic achievement (6th-8th grade ~ through the most recent quarter)
- Standardized testing (6th and 7th grade ~ FCAT, Iowa Test, Stanford Achievement, etc.)
- Disciplinary history
- Space availability
- Other information may be requested by the guidance/admissions office
Please contact the Admissions Office for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or (239) 274-6760.