Scholars Academy Admission
The Scholars Academy at Bishop Verot Catholic High School offers a challenging and collegial environment for highly motivated and academically competitive students. Students will enjoy a curriculum focusing on developing critical thinking skills, achieving strong standardized test scores, and preparing for study at the collegiate level. Students will have the opportunity to show proficiency in college level courses and earn college credit through our highly successful and rigorous AP (Advanced Placement) course of study. The Scholars Academy also ensures opportunities to model servant leadership by fostering relationships with non-profit organizations in our community. All students who complete the program will graduate from Bishop Verot Catholic High School with an Honors Diploma.
Admittance into the Scholars Academy is by invitation only and is offered in conjunction with acceptance in the freshman class.
Congratulations to the Class of 2025 Scholars Academy Invitees. Please enjoy this welcome from Mrs. Kaminsky, Scholars Academy Coordinator.
The Scholars Academy serves outstanding students by helping them improve their aptitude for lifelong learning and accomplishment in their area of study. Through its interdisciplinary approach, it offers leadership seminars, honors sections of Core Curriculum classes, individualized academic and professional advisement, opportunities for internships/externships, and an extensive community of high achieving individuals. The Scholars Program places a strong focus on social justice and service in the community. These graduates will go on to pursue advanced degrees during their collegiate years. This is a competitive program with limited spots. To be considered, you must meet the following criteria:
Minimum Requirements for Admission:
1. Score at or above the 85th percentile on at least three sections of the STS High School Placement Exam
2. Do not score below the 50th percentile on any section of the STS High School Placement Exam
3. All students must maintain A's and B's as a semester average in any subject throughout middle school (Applicant's report card required)
4. All students must maintain satisfactory attendance and conduct throughout middle school (Applicant's report card required)
* All DeSales Scholarship winners qualify for the Scholars Academy
Students who do not qualify as an incoming freshman can be invited after first semester or second semester of freshman year. To be invited, the student must have:
1. 4.25 weighted GPA
2. At least 4 honors classes during freshman year
3. Satisfactory discipline and attendance record
4. At least 2 extra-curricular activities including athletics and clubs
For more information, contact Mrs. Kelley Kaminsky at email@example.com ot (239) 274-6793.
Scholars Academy Coordinator
The Class of 2017 honored the first Scholars Academy graduates during the Commencement Ceremony.