Naviance Family Connection
Bishop Verot Catholic High School is pleased to introduce Family Connection - a state-of-the-art system that students & parents can use to make plans about colleges and careers. Family Connection is linked with Naviance, a service we use in the Guidance Office to track and analyze data about college and career plans, so it provides up-to-date information that's specific to Bishop Verot. This system also allows us to process application requests, such as transcripts and letters of recommendation!
Family Connection will allow students to:
- Get involved in the planning and advising process - Build a resume, complete on-line surveys, and manage timelines and deadlines for making decisions about colleges and careers.
- Research colleges - Compare GPA, standardized test scores, and other statistics to actual historical data from BVHS for students who have applied and been admitted in the past.
- Research careers – Research hundreds of careers and career clusters, and take career assessments.
- Sign up for college visits - Find out which colleges are visiting BVHS and sign up to attend those sessions.
- Search for local & national scholarships - Apply for scholarships posted by BV and search for scholarships using a national database.
- Create plans for the future – Create goals and to-dos, and complete tasks assigned by the Guidance Department to better prepare for future college and career goals.
Family Connection also makes it easy to share information about upcoming meetings and events and other Web resources for college and career information. Students can also use the site to send BV counselors and college admission representatives an e-mail message.
Click here to view all that Naviance has to offer!!
To Access Naviance
1. Go to Bishop Verot Catholic High School's Family Connection site at http://connection.naviance.com/bishopverot.
2. To log in:
- For all grades (9-12), log in by entering your firstname.lastname as your username (you do NOT need to enter your entire email address) & your BVHS school assigned password.
- Parents can obtain their own username and password but must receive a registration code from Guidance initially to log in (we will be providing these at a later date).
3. Once you log in, look over your profile and contact Guidance if any corrections are needed.
4. If you have trouble logging in, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide student's name and ID number.
A student's personal profile and statistics are confidential and are only accessible to the student, parents, and counselors.