Teaching Positions for the 2019 - 2020 School Year
Bishop Verot is currently seeking a full-time School Counselor for the 2019 - 20 school year. Bishop Verot Catholic High School has a rich tradition of academic excellence. Our college preparatory curriculum consists of state-required courses for graduation along with Religious Education and a wide range of electives. Courses are offered at the standard, college prep, honors, and Advanced Placement Level.
The Counseling Department ensures each student is equipped with tools and resources to be successful with the ultimate goal of being able to provide each student with a meaningful and enjoyable high school experience.
- Provides academic, college, career, personal and social counseling
- Develops and implements a comprehensive student development and counseling program that includes students, school staff, families and the community
- Reviews, with students, schedules, course selection, and graduation requirements
- Oversees the organization and administration of Standardized Tests
- Prepares and conducts class presentations and parent workshops as assigned
- Oversees Annual Career Day
- Assists the Director of Admissions with student registration for the upcoming school year
- Provides a friendly, non-threatening atmosphere that encourages students, parents, and staff to engage in the Counseling Department
- Attends professional development programs as directed and approved by the Director of School Counseling and Assistant Principal for Curriculum
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the Director of School Counseling and Administration
- Master’s Degree in Guidance and Counseling
- Florida Educator Certificate
- Past teaching experience preferred
- Excellent communications skills both written and oral
- Strong computer and technology skills
- Ability to multi-task; strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of Naviance software program desired
To apply for this position please send cover letter and resume to Suzie O’Grady, Assistant Principal of Curriculum.
*We will only contact those resumes for whom we have further interest.
Non - Teaching Positions Available
Bus Driver ~ Part-Time
Bishop Verot High School has a part time position open for an activities bus driver. Candidate must posess a valid Florida Class C license (with no Air Brake Restriction), pass background screening, and attend Safe Environment Training. Hours will vary but are typically 2 -3 days per week. Most trips leave campus on or after 3:00 p.m. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.